It is the Policy Statement of Caspian Pipeline Consortium - R ("CPC-R", the "Company") and Caspian Pipeline Consortium-K ("CPC- K", the "Company") to protect the safety and health of people and the environment, and to conduct our oil transportation activity reliably and efficiently. CPC-R and CPC-K require the active commitment to and accountability for Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) from all employees and contractors. Line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with HSE requirements, procedures and instructions.
CPC-R and CPC-K place the highest priority on the health and safety of the Company workforce and contractors, as well as population living in the areas near the operated facilities, protection of the environment and our assets. As such CPC-R and CPC-K HSE Management System has the following strategic objectives:
- Provision of safe working conditions, where harmful or hazardous impacts from our operations are either excluded or their level does not exceed set norms;
- Proactive response to external threats and risk factors, including the threat of a pandemic, by optimizing work practices that eliminate or reduce the likelihood of impact on employees’ health;
- Prevention of injuries, health deterioration, accidents and incidents at CPC-R and CPC-K facilities;
- Protection and prevention of pollution and maximum reduction of wastes from our operations and continuous improvement of environmental performance;
- Reliable operation with an increased focus on safety and integrity of our assets.
To achieve these strategic goals we will:
- Identify and eliminate hazards, assess and mitigate risks, including HSE systemic risks;
- Comply with the requirements of HSE legislation of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kazakhstan; effective international standards and practices; and the procedures and instructions established internally within CPC-R and CPC-K;
- Operate business with excellence, embracing operational discipline and ensuring all tasks are always completed in strict compliance with regulations;
- Ensure high HSE competence among all Company employees and contractors;
- Inform and consult employees and contractors about Company activities of ensuring industrial safety, process risks, HSE risks, and risks of incidents at all CPC-R and CPC-K facilities, assisting in initiatives and encouraging good HSE behavior;
- Foster an HSE culture where employees take responsibility for their own safety as well as watching out for those around them, including stopping any work deemed unsafe, and for systematic identification and prevention of circumstances which might be a cause of a threat to health and safety;
- Create conditions for employees of all levels to participate in ensuring the functioning and continuous improvement of the HSE Management System;
- Ensure that a high culture of safe operations is maintained at CPC-R and CPC-K facilities.
CPC-R and CPC-K Management commits to improve the efficiency of the HSE Management System by its continuous improvement, regular analysis, decisions making and allocation of proper resources and is personally liable for compliance with the Policy at all Company levels.