Caspian Pipeline Consortium - R ("CPC-R", the "Company") and Caspian Pipeline Consortium - K ("CPC-K", the "Company"), while performing oil movement and loading to tankers, place the highest priority on the health and safety of the Company workforce and contractors, as well as local communities living in the areas near the operated facilities, environmental protection and protection of assets.
CPC-R and CPC-K pursue the policy of ensuring safety and protecting people’s health and the environment, and conducting business activity reliably and efficiently. CPC-R and CPC-K require the active commitment to and accountability for Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) from all employees and contractors. Management demonstrates HSE leadership and plays a leading role in the communication of HSE requirements, procedures and instructions.
To implement the highest priority, CPC-R and CPC-K created an HSE Management System, which has the following strategic objectives:
• Provision of safe working conditions, where harmful or hazardous impacts from our operations are either excluded or their level does not exceed set norms;
• Proactive response to external threats and risk factors, including the threat of a pandemic, by optimizing work practices that eliminate or reduce the likelihood of impact on employees’ health;
• Prevention of injuries, health deterioration, accidents and incidents at CPC-R and CPC-K facilities;
• Minimization of pollution and wastes from operations and enhancement of environmental safety level;
• Reliable operation with an increased focus on safety and integrity of assets.
To achieve these strategic goals we will:
• Maintain a high Safety Culture level at CPC-R and CPC-K sites;
• Identify and eliminate hazards, assess and mitigate risks of job-related injuries and occupational diseases, industrial and environmental risks, including HSE systemic risks;
• Ensure communication with employees and contractors by informing and consulting them on the HSE matters regarding professional and HSE risks, risks of spread of socially significant diseases and diseases that pose a threat to public, preparedness for anti-epidemic measures;
• Foster an HSE culture where employees take responsibility for their own safety as well as watching out for those around them, including stopping any work deemed unsafe, and for systematic identification and prevention of circumstances which might be a cause of a threat to health and safety;
• Comply with the requirements of HSE legislation of the Russian Federation and Republic of Kazakhstan, effective international standards and practices, procedures and instructions established internally within CPC-R and CPC-K;
• Improve the level of HSE competence among all CPC-R and CPC-K employees and contractors;
• Encourage initiatives, compliance with HSE requirements, safe behavior of CPC-R and CPC-K staff and contractors, recognize their achievements;
• Create conditions for employees of all levels to participate in ensuring the functioning and continuous improvement of the HSE Management System;
• Operate business with excellence, embracing operational discipline and ensuring all tasks are always completed in strict compliance with regulations.
CPC-R and CPC-K management commits to increase the efficiency of the HSE Management System by its continuous improvement, regular analysis, decisions making and allocation of proper resources and is personally liable for compliance with the Policy at all Company levels.